19 Sept 2014

The beggar’s principle- How to get what you need even if you have to beg for it. (I)




sijinius.com
I had two experiences this week with two different beggars I met.
The first beggar is a middle aged blind man who stands at a particular junction at one of the biggest markets here in Kano, Nigeria. He shouts at the top of his voive for financial help from anyone who cares to listen. And as is typical with most Nigerian beggars, he was appealing to the religious sentiments of his listeners by begging in the name of Allah and the prophet Mohammed. This is a common scene on our streets and in our markets.

And looking at him, I imagined it was me in the market place of blogging and online business, blind and naive, shouting at the top of my voice for help and direction- not necessarily financial now, though we all know that making money is still the bottom line for us all. I pictured myself as a blind beggar who was in dire need of help in order to survive.
sijinius.comDo you sometimes feel like that- helpless and frustrated, when you decide to undertake a new project or learn something new outside your area of expertise?


Of recent, I have been browsing a lot of successful personal finance blogging sites, downloading ebooks upon ebooks, researching about making money online like my life (the oxygen I breathe) depends on it. I have called out to friends of mine who blog, I have joined blogging groups on facebook, and I have told everyone that I have now added a new hashtag to my name- #blogger. I am literally begging as a blogger. I hate to fail. I must survive online, and succeed. Failure isn’t an option. Success is guaranteed.


But unlike most beggars, and probably this beggar I met, I won’t remain a beggar for life at this. I won’t come to the same spot day after day, asking for handouts. I will push myself, I will talk to myself and help myself by reading and doing that which I can’t do in order to be that person I see in my dreams. So that one day, I will be the one helping other beggars to make it online- navigating them through to success.

And with God on my side, I will make it. Now to the other beggar, and the beggar’s principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Disqus for sijinius